- October 23, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
When you try to open a company file and there is a message comes on your computer screen i.e: QuickBooks Error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect. The main reason behind it given below:-
Reason for QuickBooks Error 80070057
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because the file extension was changed.
- You have a third party firewall who is not allowed to configured for Quickbooks.
- Maybe you are opening the file by double click on it, but not open it from inside of QuickBooks desktop.
- You are trying to open a portable file but not having QuickBooks open.
- When your QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- When you’re attempting to back up or create a portable file at an abstruse file location
- Maybe a firewall application is blocking network ports.
- If QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
- Maybe you are working on a file which is situated in USB flash drive.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
1. Verify the file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties.
- Click the QuickBooks Tab >
- Now you have to note the file extension in the File-name field and version of QuickBooks, in the Last opened with a file.
- Now click on the ok option.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy and paste company file into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and click rename.
- Convert the file extension into QBM.
- To save changes you have click anywhere.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then, you have to Restore the Portable
If you are also having a problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to QBB.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to QBX.
- Now, Open QuickBooks, Convert to an Accounting copy.
- Now you have to copy the company file and paste it another flash drive folder.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop along with Window Explorer.
- Now Go to “File” option and click on right and now choose New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Company file.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then open a new folder.
2. Manage clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to run clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
3. If Converting files from Mac to Windows
- Use the Backup option in Windows function to convert QB from Macintosh to Windows.
If you are still facing the problem, don’t worry we are here to provide instant QuickBooks Payroll Support Number, you can directly contact our technician for any help they are available 24*7. Dial +1-888-883-9555 to talk with QuickBooks Proadvisor.